Lemony Tea Cake Recipe. Do you want a healthy dessert which doesn’t affect your health anymore? So here your wish comes true. This lemony tea cake will meet all your expectations. You can have a slice of it without worrying about the health-related problems like weight gain. This cake is a lemon-poppyseed cake which is light and fantastically topped with a lemony blend of Greek Yogurt and sprinkled with crisp pomegranate seeds. Its nutrition profile attracts the readers to try it at home. This cake is nut-free, soy-free, low-sodium as well as low-calorie.
The goodness of lemon makes this a perfect delight to eat it. If you want this delight to satisfy your craving then you can get this cake in bangalore, Mumbai, Panchkula, Chandigarh, Delhi or in any corner of the country. This amazing cake is available in most of the online store but still, you can make it at your home. You can calm your hunger just following the steps of instructions. We have listed the full directions, how to make it and what ingredients you required to bake it. Check out the whole recipe of this cake and try this at your home. You are definitely going to love it! Go for it!
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For Making Lemony Tea Cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ¾ cups fat-free milk
- 2 gm or 2 bags green tea
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon honey
For the topping
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 ounce or 1 container plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping
- Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 25-30 minutes.
- First, grease and lightly flour two 7 inch round cake pans or line bottoms. Set it aside for sometime. Take a medium-sized bowl, stir together poppy seeds, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix it well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Take a small saucepan, boil the milk. Then pour the tea bags into it. Press out the liquid from the bags, then remove and discard it. Then, add 2 tablespoon honey, butter, 1 tablespoon lemon peel and the vanilla to the hot milk and stir it until the mixture is well combined. Then, keep it aside for some moment.
- Beat 3 large eggs with an electric mixer in a large bowl on high speed about 3 to 4 minutes or until it becomes thick. Add sugar, beat it on medium speed for 5 minutes until it gets light and fluffy. Add the ingredients step by step. Don’t do hurry! Add the flour mixture (already prepared) and beat it at low speed until it all gets combined. Add the milk mixture into it. Beat the mixture and then pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans (already greased with butter in step 1).
- Bake the mixture for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out. Let the cake cool completely in pans on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Next step is to prepare its filling. Take a medium-size bowl and combine 2 teaspoon lemon peel, 1 tablespoon honey and the lemon juice. Stir all the ingredients perfectly in yogurt until it becomes smooth. Stir the mixture and then fold in the dessert until combined.
- Now, it’s time to assemble the cake to give it a nice and appealing look. Place one of the cooled layers of cake on a plate. Spread the topping evenly, covering the upper layer of it nicely. Then, top it with the second layer and decorate the top with the remaining filling. To give the cake colorful looks, sprinkle it with pomegranate seeds. Then cut into wedges and serve it to your loved ones.
Bake this cake on some of the special occasion that we used to celebrate with great fun. You can present this cake to your relatives as a diwali gift item or can bake it for your mother or father on Mother’s Day or Father’s Day. Isn’t this interesting? Go ahead and try this delight! Create some beautiful memories, eating the healthy delights.
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page , keep yourself updated on Linkedin for all the latest from Technology, Entertainment, Sports, Gadgets, Latest Government Jobs, Cooking Recipes, Health and Beauty, Autos and Vehicles and Much.