Facebook has just introduced the all new feature in order to halt the misuse of profile pictures. The new features called the “Profile Picture Guard” will prevent the misuse of profile picture. The new features has started rolling out in India in response to feedback from users in India, citing the many safety and privacy challenges that Indian users face with their social media accounts.
The new Profile Picture Guard feature will prevent your picture for being downloading by anyone. The new feature accompanies a new profile picture design which will stop the misuse of it.
Features of Profile Picture Guard:
- No one will be able to share, download and send your profile picture in Facebook messages.
- People you’re not friends with on Facebook will not be able to tag anyone, including themselves, in your profile picture.
- Moreover it will stop the screenshot of your profile picture on Facebook, which presently exists only on Android devices.
- A blue border and guard will be exhibited around your profile picture as a visual cue of protection.
How to activate Facebook Profile Picture Guard?
In order to activate Profile Picture Guard users in India just need to do the following;
- Open Profile Settings
- Tap on Profile Picture
- Tap ‘Turn on Profile Picture Guard’
Facebook authorities said that the new features will soon be made available in other countries too.