PSL 3 2018 Drafting Ceremony. The PSL 3 2018 drafting ceremony was held in Lahore yesterday on 12th November. The six teams including Lahore Qalandars, Quetta Gladiators, Karachi Kings, Islamabad United, Peshawar Zalmi and Multan Sultans selected players for the PSL 3 2018.
The Pakistan Super League (PSL) third edition is schedule to start in 2018 and this time it will be a big event with the inclusion of one more team named Multan Sultan. The t20 PSL 3 tournament will be played in UAE and its final match will be in Karachi.
A total of 501 players, foreign and local, were available for selection at the drafting ceremony and each team had a salary limit of $1.2 million for a squad of 20 players.
Here is the list of players that the teams selected from different categories:
- Lahore Qalandars have picked Australian batsman Chris Lynn in the category.
- Islamabad United have successfully bid for South African all-rounder JP Duminy in the platinum category.
- Karachi Kings have picked batsman Colin Ingram, also from South Africa.
- Quetta Gladiators have drafted Shane Watson, an all-rounder from Australia.
- Peshawar Zalmi have drafted West Indian all-rounder Dwayne Bravo.
- Multan Sultans have picked South African spin-bowler Imran Tahir.
- Lahore Qalandars have picked Bangladesh bowler Mustafizur Rehman in the diamond category.
- Islamabad United have picked New Zealand batsman Luke Ronchi.
- Karachi Kings have drafted Australian pace bowler Mitchell Johnson.
- Quetta Gladiators have drafted West Indies captain Carlos Brathwaite.
- Peshawar Zalmi have drafted Bangladesh batsman Tamim Iqbal.
- Multan Sultans have picked West Indies batsman Darren Bravo.
- Peshawar Zalmi have picked all-rounder Hammad Azam.
- Islamabad United have picked batsman Faheem Ashraf.
- Quetta Gladiators have picked pacer Rahat Ali.
- Lahore Qalandars have picked all-rounder Bilal Asif.
- Karachi Kings have picked English pacer Luke Wright.
- Multan Sultans have picked batsman Ahmed Shehzad.
- Lahore Qalandars have picked spin bowler Raza Hasan and all-rounder Sohail Akhtar in the silver category.
- Islamabad United have picked England wicket-keeper/batsman Sam Billings and batsman Zafar Gohar.
- Peshawar Zalmi have picked all-rounder Saad Nasim and batsman Taimur Sultan.
- Quetta Gladiators have picked batsmen Rameez Raja Jr and Saad Ali.
- Karachi Kings have drafted South African all-rounder David Wiese and Tabish Khan, also an all-rounder.
- Multan Sultans have picked pacer Mohammad Abbas and West Indies wicket-keeper batsman Nicholas Pooran.
Emerging Players category
- Lahore Qalandars pick young pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi, retained pacer Ghulam Mudassar.
- Islamabad United have picked batsman Sahibzada Farhan, retained batsman Hussain Talat.
- Karachi Kings have picked all-rounder Mohammad Irfan Jr, retained pacer Hasan Mohsin.
- Quetta Gladiators have drafted all-rounder Saud Shakeel and retained spin bowler Hasan Khan.
- Peshawar Zalmi have picked pacer Sameen Gul and all-rounder Ibtisam Sheikh.
- Multan Sultans have picked batsman Abdullah Shafiq and all-rounder Saif Badar.
- Lahore Qalandars picked Angelo Mathews, Mitchell McClenaghan and Gulraiz Sadar.
- Islamabad United picked Alex Hales, David Willey, Mohammad Hasan and Mohammad Hasnain.
- Karachi Kings drafted Colin Munro, Eoin Morgan and Saifullah Bangash.
- Quetta chose Jason Roy, Rashid Khan, Azam Khan and Faraz Ahmed Khan.
- Peshawar Zalmi took a bet on Andre Fletcher, Evin Lewis, Khalid Usman and Mohammad Arif.
- Multan Sultans picked Hardus Viljoen, Umar Gul, Umar Sadique and Ross Whiteley.
Here is the complete list of Squads for PSL 3 2018:
Brendon McCullum, Umar Akmal, Sunil Narine, Fakhar Zaman, Yasir Shah, Sohail Khan, Cameron Delport, Aamir Yamin, Bilawal Bhatti, Chris Lynn, Mustafiz ur Rehman, Bilal Asif, Raza Hassan, Sohail Akhtar, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Ghulam Mudassar, Angelo Matthews, Mitchell McClenaghan and Gulraiz Sadaf.
Misbah ul Haq, Andre Russell, Samuel Badree, Mohammad Sami, Rumman Raees, Shadab Khan, Ifikhar Ahmed, Ammad Butt, Asif Ali, JP Duminy, Luke Ronchi, Fahim Ashraf, Sam Billings, Zafar Gohar, Sahibzada Farhan, Hussain Talat, Alex Hales, David Willey, Muhammad Hassan and Muhammad Husnain.
Shoaib Malik, Keiron Pollard, Kumar Sangakkara, Sohail Tanvir, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan, Kashif Bhatti, Irfan Khan, Sohaib Maqsood, Imran Tahir, Darren Bravo, Ahmad Shahzad, Mohammad Abbas, Nicolas Pooran, Abdullah Shafiq, Saif Badar, Hardus Viljoen, Umar Gul, Umar Saddiq and Ross Whitely.
Mohammad Hafeez, Wahab Riaz, Kamran Akmal, Shakib Al Hassan, Darren Sammy, Hasan Ali, Haris Soahil, Chris Jordan, Mohammad Asghar, Dwayne Bravo, Tamim Iqbal, Hammad Azam, Saad Nasim, Taimoor Sultan, Sameen Gul, Ibtisam Sheikh, Andre Fletcher, Evin Lewis, Khalid Usman and Mohammad Arif.
Sarfraz Ahmed, Kevin Pietersen, Rilee Rossouw, Asad Shafiq, Mahmoodullah, Anwar Ali, Mir Hamza, Umar Amin, Shane Watson, Carlos Braithwaite, Rahat Ali, Ramiz Raja Jnr, Saad Ali, Saud Shakil, Hasaan Khan, Jason Roy, Rashid Khan, Mohammad Azam Khan and Faraz Ahmed.
Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Aamir, Imad Wasim, Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Ravi Bopara, Usman Shinwari, Usama Mir, Khurram Manzoor, Colin Ingram, Mitchell Johnson, Luke Wright, David Wiesee, Tabish Khan, Mohammad Irfan, Hasan Mohsin, Colin Munro, Eoin Morgan and Saifullah Bangash.
For further updates stay tuned with daytimes.pk