How Your Smartphone can Destroy your Life, Read Carefully before Selling it
To sell or donor sell smartphone is a big question. There are a number of articles proclaimed that people should not sell or recycled their smartphones because their smartphone can destroy their whole life.
The question is: if we do factory reset of the smartphone so how can anyone probe into our personal information?
If you think you do factory reset of your phone and your phone is safe to sell, you are absolutely wrong. Just factory reset or erasing cellphone data is not enough. It’s been said that it’s so easy to reach to your personal data even after the factory reset of the phone.
As you fully aware that smartphone is purely your personal gadget and you took hundreds of personal selfies, pictures and also make videos of your special occasions and moments. It’s sure you don’t want to make your personal data to be a thing for public entertainment.
Moreover your banking information and account numbers can also be gained easily by the probers.
Your personal contacts, text messages, pictures, videos banking information and account numbers from the phone can easily be detained in few minutes by the trained and untrained consumers using state-of-the-art equipment or free software available on the Internet.
Another question is: what should you do with your old phones when you’re done with them?
If you are done with your old phone you can destroy it easily but wait for a while and read the below mentioned instructions. Must read and do these steps carefully after reading the instruction you will be able to securely sell or donate your smartphone instead of destroying it.
For Android Devices:
- In your Android devices you can find the encrypt device option in settings and the Factory Reset
- First of all do factory reset of your smartphone and let the phone turn on.
- When you device is turned on don’t add your Gmail ID or personal information just do skip all the options.
- Start using your phone without adding personal data.
- Now you will find the empty storage in the device you can swell up the storage by adding the junk file (e.g. songs, funny videos, films).
- Make it sure the phone storage is completely full, now turn on the encryption option first and then do the factory reset.
- In this way you will not only completely be able to delete your earlier data but also the junk data. In the case if you phone does not go into safe hands they will find the junk files not your personal data.
- After doing these steps your phone is secure to sell easily without worry.
If you don’t find the encryption option in your phone doesn’t worry follow the above mentioned steps and do the factory reset again instead of encryption.
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Technology, Entertainment, Sports, Gadgets, Latest Jobs, Cooking Recipes, Health and Beauty, Autos and Vehicles and Much More.